I am thrilled to announce a very special Project Knitwell virtual event and hope you can join us!
On June 12, we will welcome Ann Hood, Caroline Leavitt, and Elinor Lipman to discuss the healing power of knitting. These three award-winning authors are long-time knitters who have personally experienced the power of knitting as an effective wellness tool. (More info on the authors below.)
I hope that you, too, have found comfort in knitting during this global pandemic. At Project Knitwell, during the pandemic we have taught knitting virtually to dozens of stressed-out people, including many nurses. It’s been a source of great comfort to both students and our volunteer instructors.
For all these reasons, our three authors have graciously agreed to participate in this session as a fundraiser for Project Knitwell. If you purchase books written by the three authors from Ink Fish Books, the store will donate 10% of sales to Project Knitwell through July 13.
We hope you’ll join us! Information is below and on our website. Please share this invitation with your friends and contacts — this will be a very special event.
- Saturday, June 12, 2021 (World Wide Knit in Public Day)
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern time
- Virtual event held on the Zoom platform. Read more and register.
- Cost: $20 donation to Project Knitwell
- This event is co-sponsored by Project Knitwell and Ink Fish Books
Meet the authors:
- Ann Hood is the author of 14 novels, four memoirs, a short story collection, a 10-book series for middle readers and one young adult novel. Her latest book, “Jude Banks, Superhero,” was released May 18, 2021. She has written several knitting-related books, including “Knitting Yarns, “Knitting Pearls,“ “The Knitting Circle,” and “Comfort: A Journey Through Grief.” Knitting helped Ann cope with her grief after losing her daughter; she believes knitting “saved my life.” More recently, she wrote about the comfort of knitting in the Los Angeles Times: “Knitting is my therapy during this pandemic.”
- Caroline Leavitt is the New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels, including “Pictures of You” and “Cruel Beautiful World.” Her latest book, “With or Without You,” is being released in paperback June 2021. Caroline’s essays have appeared in The Daily Beast, “Modern Love” in The New York Times, New York Magazine, and Real Simple. She has been knitting since she was in the Brownies.
- Elinor Lipman is the award-winning author of 13 novels, two works of non-fiction, and a story collection. She has written in The New York Times about the terrible loss of her husband in 2009. Her newest book, “Rachel to the Rescue,” is being released in paperback July 2021. Her book, “Then She Found Me,” has been made into a major motion picture. Her poem, “I Bought This Pattern Book Last Spring” appears in the anthology “Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting.”
Many thanks and I hope to see you soon!
Founder and Executive Director